Thursday, March 20, 2008

What is your favorite tech tool?

While I am in my 31st year at BD, needless to say I have seen many changes. Obviously the best one we have all seen is the explosive growth of technology to the point of it being with us at all times. From the cell phone to the iPod(be it iPhone, iTouch, Classic or Nano) to pda's in whatever flavor from Blackberry to Windows to Palm or should that be in your palm, we continue to figure out ways to use these items not only for our own lives but for the betterment of our lives.

What should a school look like as a result of all of this? Check out Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach's wiki as some of the best try to create the best. Mr. Gates, want to fund a true dream? Check it out by clicking on Sheryl's name above.

While the guru's continue to come up with the ideas, I am still trying to figure out ways to use the tools that I have been given so that the tools are not seen as such, but rather a pleasant, inocuous way of getting through life. I sometimes have difficulty remembering the product in my pocket that rings also takes pictures, sends email, send text messages, allows me to keep up with the "twitterverse", check flights, weather, stocks and so much more that I sometimes forget to use it for those very things. I also need to remember to keep my head up and participate in life itself. Don't get me wrong, I love the technoverse I live in but I also need to celebrate the life I have been given and the people that cross into my life on a regular basis.

These people that cross in and out of my life are the greatest teachers and are in my life for a reason. I hope I can continue to honor them throughout my life and give back to them in the same way they have given to me - openly, honestly and very willingly.

No comments: