Friday, July 17, 2015

November in July

As Diane and I are want to do, we hit the road to Boston. I was fortunate enough to attend BLC15, Building Learning Communities which is hosted by November Learning. To borrow a phrase from Darren Kuropatwa, it was truly brain candy.

As so many in the ed tech world have experienced, once you gather with people of similar ilk, you find both a comfort and non comfort zone, but you are not threatened in any way. The comfort zone because you are with people that understand you as well as you understanding them. The non-comfort zone because you start to feel that maybe, just maybe, you aren't doing enough. Enough for your faculty, staff or students.

Hopefully over the next few days or weeks as I reflect on what I have been through I will take some time in this space to put to words those things I have unpacked. There was a lot of learning, a lot of brain stretching and a lot of thoughts.

So much to learn and so little time.

No comments: